The Wraith is favored among mercenaries, pirates, and slavers in the Terminus systems. Its high-impact damage and sturdy construction make it a popular "quick-draw" shotgun. A variant of the M-22 Eviscerator, demand for the Wraith is higher than ever, even though the weapon is banned in Citadel space. In order to lighten its weight, the Wraith holds fewer shots than the Eviscerator.
Player Notes Edit
- The Wraith delivers significantly more damage than the Eviscerator at the cost of holding less ammunition.
- If a Smart Choke and a High Caliber Barrel mod are used, the Wraith can kill low level infantry such as Cannibals and Assault Troopers with a single shot at medium range on normal difficulty.
- Using the Marksman power alleviates two of the Wraith's biggest problems: its inherent inaccuracy and slow rate-of-fire. The accuracy boost, when coupled with a Smart Choke allows a player to headshot enemies at an incredible range. The increased rate of fire even has a bonus side effect of greatly reducing the delay before reloading the weapon after the last shot.
- The Wraith has a very quick reload time, especially when compared with other shotguns. This becomes more visible when some form of reload-cancelling is utilized.
- The aforementioned feature can be very useful as a Vanguard. If the chamber is overheated, hitting the reload button and then charging immediately thereafter will result in the Wraith being fully loaded and ready to fire upon impact.
- The Wraith is also a relatively light shotgun, even more so when upgraded. This allows for bonus cool down speed, which can be very helpful for a Biotic Charge-reliant Vanguard.
- The Wraith functionally contrasts the M-300 Claymore in a similar way that the Black Widow contrasts the M-98 Widow: It deals slightly more than half the Claymore's damage per shot, but has two shots per magazine. Unfortunately, the Wraith's low fire rate counteracts this advantage: While the Claymore can drastically increase its damage output by reload-cancelling, doing the same on the Wraith has a much lesser effect since it is still limited by its rate-of-fire. Still, the Wraith's good accuracy and light weight makes it a better choice for classes that rely on heavy power use.