Klensal has a thin atmosphere of carbon dioxide and ethane. Its first geological surveys were performed by batarians, and suggested areas of great mineral wealth. Human mining concerns spent billions of credits hustling to the distant system and sinking test bores to claim the planet for humanity.
But Klensal had only an average level of mining wealth – valuable, but hardly worth the rush and expense. Merida Industria, a small Mexican company hoping to strike it rich in their first extrasolar mining venture, had to file for bankruptcy protection.
Investigation revealed the batarian crew had deliberately falsified their surveys, hoping it would encourage human rivals to invest in a costly boondoggle. While unethical, this was not technically illegal, and the batarian government disavowed the "personal actions of a few misguided patriots." The planet is still littered with abandoned mining bases, which are often used as temporary meeting places for criminals.
- Assignment: UNC: Hostile Takeover
- Collection: UNC: Locate Signs of Battle: League of One Medallion ×1
- Survey: UNC: Valuable Minerals: Heavy Metal ×1 / Light Metal ×1
Points of Interest Edit
|1||Initial||Syndicate hideout (UNC: Hostile Takeover)|
|2||Initial||Crashed escape pod (not salvageable)|
|3||Initial||Mummified salarian (UNC: Locate Signs of Battle)
“This dead traveler had a League of One medallion. Where he found it and what he was trying to do with it is unclear.”
|4||Initial||Crashed probe (salvageable: Hard Electronics)|
Mineral Deposits Edit
- Main article: UNC: Valuable Minerals
Search and Rescue Edit
- Main article: Search and Rescue
- Salvage - 10,000 credits
A silicate moon is visible from the landing site.
- If you use a sniper scope to look closely at the mummified salarian, you can see that its eye is slightly moving. This may simply be an oversight.