- Main article: Armor Customization
The Kestrel Armor can be customized by swapping out pieces of the set for pieces of the N7 Armor, purchased from merchants, or made available as downloadable content, by using the armor locker aboard the Normandy SR-2.
Player Notes Edit
- The Kestrel Armor is an excellent choice for both Vanguards and Sentinels. Sentinels benefit from the high shield boost and Vanguards benefit from the shield, weapon damage and melee damage boosts.
- A Soldier specializing in close range combat would also find the Kestrel Armor useful for many of the same reasons as a Vanguard, especially since it is available right from the start.
- The Kestrel Armor's "mix and match" capability gives it more flexibility than other DLC armor, since the separate pieces can be used according to the player's taste.
- The Kestrel armor all together provides more generalized bonuses, in addition to the high shield boost. If no other option strongly recommends itself, it's often wiser to use as much of the armor as you can, given how many of its bonuses are incrementally distributed among its several pieces.
|Kestrel Power Pack||The Kestrel armor system's hip-mounted power pack provides emergency energy for kinetic barriers and heavy weapons.|| Increases shields by 8%|
Increases spare heavy weapon ammo by 5%
E-Mail from the Illusive Man Edit
Mass Effect 3Edit
In Mass Effect 3, a similar armor in appearance to the Kestrel Armor is available in the form of Rosenkov Materials pieces, also possessing different attributes to the Kestrel Armor pieces of Mass Effect 2. The helmet, however, is referred to as the "Kestrel" helmet.
- In real life, Kestrel body armour is a single piece body armor unit that was issued to troops in the British Armed Forces to protect against the effects of IED detonations but was withdrawn in 2006, as the rigidity of the design left the wearer almost unable to operate their weapon system.
|Mass Effect 2 Armor|
|Armor Customization • Armor Upgrades|
| N7 Armor • Blood Dragon Armor • Cerberus Assault Armor • Collector Armor |
Inferno Armor • Terminus Assault Armor • Kestrel Armor
|Mass Effect 2 Downloadable Content|
|Promotional||Blood Dragon Armor • Collectors' Weapon and Armor • Inferno Armor |
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle • Terminus Weapon and Armor
|Cerberus Network||Zaeed - The Price of Revenge • Normandy Crash Site |
Cerberus Weapon and Armor • Arc Projector • Firewalker Pack
|Missions||Kasumi - Stolen Memory • Overlord • Lair of the Shadow Broker • Arrival|
|Additional Content||Alternate Appearance Packs • Equalizer Pack • Aegis Pack • Firepower Pack |
Mass Effect: Genesis • Recon Operations Pack • N7 Complete Arsenal Bundle