Andromeda galaxy. It consists of 38 star systems and hundreds of planets. At its apparent center lies a massive black hole, the formation of which may have been the cause of the cluster's rich Element Zero deposits. The extragalactic travelers from the Milky Way known as the Andromeda Initiative plan to establish a foothold in the Heleus Cluster by settling an initial seven viable locations known as golden worlds.
- The cluster itself is named after Heleus, the youngest son of Andromeda and Perseus in Greek mythology.
- Numerous pre-release materials provided various spellings of the cluster name. Lead Designer Ian Frazier has explicitly provided the correct form.
- The Andromeda Initiative named some systems after noteworthy explorers from Milky Way history:
- Dar'hegah was the first batarian astronaut.
- Eriksson is named for Viking explorer Leif Eriksson.
- Kindrax was the first turian aeronaut to cross one of Palaven's oceans in a balloon.
- Pfeiffer is named for Austrian traveler Ida Laura Pfeiffer.
- Pytheas is named for Greek explorer Pytheas of Massalia.
- Tecunis is named for the first expedition of salarians to reach the Citadel.
- Zheng He is named for human Chinese explorer Zheng He.