These worlds were designated Habitats 1-7. While not generally used in planetary surveying, the term "golden worlds" was coined by the Andromeda Initiative's marketing team and has stuck ever since.
List of Golden Worlds Edit
- Habitat 1 (Eos) - Arid yet comfortably habitable, with vast underground rivers.
- Habitat 2 (Elaaden) - (Moon) Incredible mineral and resource wealth.
- Habitat 3 (Havarl)- Rolling hills and rich jungle.
- Habitat 4 (Kadara) - Life-sustaining garden world with plenty of liquid water.
- Habitat 5 (H-047c) - Suitable for dextro-protein life.
- Habitat 6 (Voeld) - Life-sustaining temperate garden world.
- Habitat 7 - Lush tropical paradise.
Mass Effect: Andromeda Edit
Upon arrival in the Heleus Cluster, the Andromeda Initiative found that none of the golden worlds were suitable for colonization due to the Scourge's debilitating influence. Habitat 1 is plagued by lethal radiation storms and high-speed winds. Habitat 2 is a desert hellscape with extreme heat and almost non-existent water. Habitat 3's ecology is unstable, with flora and fauna forced into accelerated, maladaptive growth cycles. Habitat 4's plentiful water is highly toxic. Habitat 5 was ravaged by the Scourge and is mostly a debris field. Habitat 6's orbit was altered, throwing the temperate world into an ice age. Habitat 7 suffers from constant electrical storms that have wiped out most life, extreme magnetic activity, and an unbreathable atmosphere.