Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mass Effect 2 Edit
|Geth Pulse Rifle|
|Fire Rate||1000 RPM (Variable)|
|Reload Time||1.5 s|
|Shots Per Clip||40|
|Maximum Spare Ammo Capacity||Default||480|
|Ammo Pickup Amount||56 - 220|
Geth pulse rifles are rarely retrieved from the battlefield; when they are, the guns are generally functional and comparable to a stock assault rifle. Over time, however, they prove unreliable and difficult to repair. Attempts to replicate this weapon have failed, but the technology recovered from Haestrom could enable several of these weapons to be built for your squad.
Two anomalies differentiate these geth weapons from other stock assault rifles. First, the mass effect field generation technology follows a sine curve (it has a variable rate of fire). Second, its slugs are lighter than standard Avenger slugs, but they're encased in a phasic envelope. Overall, this weapon should be more effective against shields and barriers than a battle rifle, but will likely have less armor penetration capabilities.
Picked up during Tali's recruitment mission at Haestrom on Hardcore or Insanity difficulty setting. The rifle can be found in the same room Tali is in, after destroying the Geth Colossus. The difficulty should be changed before landing on the planet.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- The Pulse Rifle rips through shields, so Disruptor Ammo is redundant against weaker enemies.
- Although the fire rate is listed at 1000 RPM, it is highly variable, alternating between fast and slow modes. According to the in-game Codex, this is because the fire rate follows a variable sine curve.
- The Pulse Rifle is very accurate, and very few of the shots will miss an enemy at medium range, even on full auto.
- Even though Disruptor Ammo is redundant it has different effects against different enemies. If fighting a large group of mechs put Disruptor Ammo on to disable them once through their armor.
- The Pulse Rifle has a noticeable lack of punch against armor. Supplementing it with Warp or Armor-Piercing Ammo is a good choice to add armor-penetration while augmenting barrier penetration, making it useful against certain Eclipse mercs and Collectors.
- Its high accuracy and rate of fire makes the Pulse Rifle an excellent suppressing fire weapon, especially when equipped with Inferno Ammo as this will quickly put whole groups of organics into "panic mode", making it safer and easier to make your shots count.
- Inferno Ammo also greatly increases the weapon's damage against armor.
- The Pulse Rifle's main drawback is its low damage per shot, as this forces the player to remain out of cover for longer than with weapons like the M-96 Mattock. Keep this in mind when deciding what missions to take it on.
- Because squad members deal even less damage than Shepard, this is even more of a problem for them. However, Zaeed – whose class power gives him much greater weapon damage – is less disadvantaged by this and the Pulse Rifle can be used as a useful suppressive weapon in his hands if desired.
- The weapon's low damage can be countered by: equipping damage-increasing armour parts, making assault rifle damage upgrades a priority, or by utilising the rifle's high accuracy and striving for regular headshots. Even then, weapons like the Mattock and the Vindicator will still out-damage it, whilst also exposing Shepard less to enemy fire.
- This weapon refills ammo very quickly through thermal clip pick ups. This makes it an excellent choice for higher difficulties where ammo is always in low supply. In addition, it is useful for burning through the shields enemies gain on the higher difficulty settings.
Class Specific Notes
- Due to its high level of effectiveness against shields and barriers, the Pulse Rifle is an ideal weapon for Adepts or Vanguards if assault rifle training is selected inside the Collector cruiser.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
- In Mass Effect 2, the rifle appears much lower than other rifles on a character's back, to the point where equipping Legion with it makes it almost float in the air.
- The Geth Pulse Rifle has the same icon as the Collector Particle Beam in the Weapons menu in the game.
See Also Edit
|Mass Effect 2 Weapons|
|Heavy Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-6 Carnifex • M-5 Phalanx|
|Submachine Guns||M-4 Shuriken • M-9 Tempest • M-12 Locust|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • M-27 Scimitar • M-300 Claymore • M-22 Eviscerator • Geth Plasma Shotgun|
|Assault Rifles||M-8 Avenger • M-15 Vindicator • Geth Pulse Rifle • M-76 Revenant • Collector Assault Rifle • M-96 Mattock|
|Sniper Rifles||M-92 Mantis • M-97 Viper • M-98 Widow • M-29 Incisor|
|Heavy Weapons||M-100 Grenade Launcher • ML-77 Missile Launcher • M-622 Avalanche • M-920 Cain • Collector Particle Beam • M-490 Blackstorm • M-451 Firestorm • Arc Projector|