|Geth Plasma Shotgun|
|Fire Mode||Charged Semi-Automatic|
This three-barreled geth weapon fires miniature but potent cluster rounds of superconducting projectiles and has a longer range than standard shotguns. A two-stage trigger system allows for either quick-fire capacitors or a charge-and-release attack to electrify the projectiles as they exit the weapon. As the rounds hit the target, they fragment and electricity arcs between the pieces, flash-converting the air to conductive plasma. The resulting impact, heat, and electrical charge overloads shields and barriers and causes massive trauma to unarmored targets.
The Geth Plasma Shotgun can be found during the mission Priority: Rannoch, on top of a crate after defeating the geth on an opposite, unreachable platform. (It is also purchasable from Elkoss Combine Arsenal Supplies post-mission if it was missed.)
Player Notes Edit
- The Geth Plasma Shotgun's shots have a very basic tracking capability and will sometimes group and curve slightly toward their target, even at medium range. However, the tracking will not work for cloaked enemies.
- The shotgun consumes two rounds per shot when charged more than halfway. Despite this, it can still be charged even when only a single round remains in its magazine.
- Like in Mass Effect 2, the Geth Plasma Shotgun's charged shot pairs beautifully with Tactical Cloak for incredible amounts of damage. Keep in mind that releasing a charge will not break cloak, but starting one will. This means an Infiltrator can fire off a powerful blast and still retain the cloak's damage bonus for a followup shot or melee attack.
- Additionally, ammo power-ups allow for massive damage, if the weapon is fired while charged. Upgraded ammo powers applied to the shotgun can kill some foes outright on Hardcore and Insanity. Examples include one-hit charged kills on a Marauder with Incendiary Ammo and the same effect against a Geth Rocket Trooper with Disruptor Ammo.
- Like all chargeable weapons, the Geth Plasma Shotgun can be fired much more rapidly by either releasing a charged shot and then charging a very briefly (resulting in the next shot to be delayed normally) or by releasing a series of very-briefly-charged shots.
- The Geth Plasma Shotgun does not benefit from bonus headshot damage.
- The Geth Plasma Shotgun ignores armor damage reduction, so there is no need for the Shredder mod.
- Like most other shotguns, damage from the Geth Plasma shotgun will bypass the shield gate.
- Because the Geth Plasma Shotgun's spread pattern is fixed, a Smart Choke does nothing for the weapon.
- Unlike most shotguns, equipping the Geth Plasma Shotgun on a squadmate will prompt that character to keep their distance from the enemy instead of closing in.