This page is for discussing a policy related to the Mass Effect Wiki that may or may not be passed by the community. The Form below serves to describe the Policy and what it is about, or what it will modify.
Other Notes Edit
This has been bugging me for a while now: users (usually new users) upload fan art, personal images, or other files that are unusable or unwanted in articles for any reason, we nominate them for deletion, and then we have to wait a week to delete them. It would be fine if there was only a trickle of unusable files on a daily basis, but sometimes we get mass uploads of a dozen or more images. The uploaders rarely, if ever, oppose deleting these images in any way. In fact, many times we never see these users at the wiki again. What ends up happening is we have around 6-10 images waiting for deletion at a given time that no one opposes deleting, yet they can only be deleted a week later.
This proposed policy will shorten that delay from a week to two days, making it easier to handle the influx of files. Should someone object to the deletion of a file, the week-long wait is automatically reinstated so there's plenty of time for a community discussion on the matter. In short, the files that no one cares about can be disposed of faster, and the more contentious cases can be hashed out the same as articles or anything else we propose for deletion. -- Commdor (Talk) 03:50, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- As proposer. -- Commdor (Talk) 03:50, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Like this proposal I do. Lancer1289 04:02, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Support. JakePT 04:34, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Support. Less red tape? Garrus would be proud. Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem 05:52, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Support, Good idea.--Legionwrex 06:07, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Support. --Morinth's Lover 10:38, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Support. JediSpectre117 11:47, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Support. BeoW0lfe 13:40, February 6, 2012 (UTC)