The walkthrough on this site says:
"There are two ways to get to the center of the station, but a specialist must pass through a thermal vent in order to get the two squads through to the next area of the station.
- Ideal: Legion, Tali or Kasumi
- Non ideal: Anyone else, as they will be shot attempting to close the doors."
Just for the first point... I gained the loyalty of absolutely everyone before going out to this mission. I sent Legion off into the vents and he was still shot attempting to close the door. Is it just chance that he will live? Anyone else have a problem similar to this? Also, Mordin died later on when he should have been protected by a second squad leader, but I'm not as worried about him at the moment.
Your fireteam leaders must not have been ideal... This is the way it works:
- First part: Specilist dies if specilist is not ideal OR fireteam leader is not ideal.
- Normandy Crew: Dies if whomever you send is not loyal as does that person (I think some squadmates might sacrifice themselves if they're not loyal but I don't know) (Side note: always send loyal Mordin on this part)
- Second Part: If the specilist is not ideal, then someone dies, and if the fireteam leader is not ideal, the fireteam leader dies.
- Third Part: Leave "warrior" and "leader" type squadmates (Garrus, Grunt, Zaeed etc.) behind to make sure you have an ample "score" to ensure survivability.
Hope that helps. Tanooki1432 15:06, August 26, 2010 (UTC)