This page is for discussing a policy related to the Mass Effect Wiki that may or may not be passed by the community. The Form below serves to describe the Policy and what it is about, or what it will modify.
Policy: Mass Effect: Deception, First Edition PolicyEdit
Other Notes Edit
I propose, given BioWare's statement on the matter, that the first edition of Mass Effect: Deception not be considered canon at the current time, and will be reevaluated when a revised edition is released.
The Deception article will remain, with a note about the controversy, BioWare's apology, and possible a list of errors, however content from the book should not be used as canon in other articles, and if information is included outside the Deception article, it should be accompanied by a note explaining the situation.
- As proposer. JakePT 04:27, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- -- Commdor (Talk) 04:37, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Support.--Legionwrex 04:40, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- -- TheExiledGear 04:43, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- -- Trandra 05:18, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- -- CrasVox 05:21, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- -- Xaero Dumort 06:43, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- --The Illusive Man 07:01, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Couldn't agree more. SpartHawg948 08:15, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- -- JediSpectre117 08:25, Febuary 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed. Lancer1289 19:04, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
As of this moment I see no good nor reason why any of Deception's plot and information contain wherein should exist outside its own article. That is the only place where it is relevant, and even when the information is used with a citation on an outside article, I see little benefit. Deception's material should be contained within its own article alone. CrasVox 05:24, February 4, 2012 (UTC)