Maybe this is a glitch, but it can't be described without a spoiler...
After dealing with Matriarch Benezia, and as referenced in her article...
As she lay dying, she claimed not to see the light promised in asari religion.
...I just noticed on my fourth playthrough that her eyes are still moving. Maybe a very slow death for her? Or maybe she'll be in Mass Effect 2? --LeonKowalski 21:45, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
- Most likely the meaning behind this cut-scene is:
- The author wanted to illustrate that the death is pretty much the same for every organic life form (and maybe this view of the author will have further explanation in Mass Effect 2/3).
- The author gave his opinion about where Matriarch Benezia went after death (not to a bright place, but maybe somewhere darker, hence the nothingness that she experienced).
- In any case, Matriarch Benezia eyes were open and gazing beyond Shepard and his squad members. Dying with eyes open, commonly relates to an un-peaceful death.
- If you are referring to the eyes moving after her death, then it's most likely a glitch - although I never checked to see this for myself. I don't think that the matriarch will make an appearance in the sequels (although, we might see Liara T'Soni's second parent). --Silverstrike 11:46, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
I saved the game at this point, then when I reloaded it later, Benezia was gone. --LeonKowalski 20:32, 11 January 2009 (UTC)