Power Ranks Edit
Rank 1: Flamer Edit
Fire a powerful short-range flame attack. The flames will persist for a max duration and can be canceled early for a faster recharge.
Highly effective against armor.
- Recharge Speed: 8 sec
- Damage Per Second: 200
- Duration: 5 sec
- Range: 10 m
Rank 2: Recharge Speed Edit
Increase recharge speed by 25%
- Recharge Speed: 6.40 sec
Rank 3: Damage Edit
Increase damage by 20%.
- Damage Per Second: 240
Rank 4: Damage/Reach Edit
Increase damage by 30%
Increase range by 50%
Rank 5: Damage/Duration Edit
Increase damage by 40%.
Increase duration by 60%
Rank 6: Armor Damage/Shield Damage Edit
Increase damage to armor by 50%
Increase damage to shields and barriers by 50%.
Player Notes Edit
Note: Flamer deals 1.5x damage to armor.
- Flamer applies a stacking effect per half-second: 3/8 of the listed "damage per second" value is immediately applied upon impact, followed by a damage-over-time "burning effect" that deals 1/8 of the listed "damage per second" every half-second for 5 seconds. The math and ramification of this mechanic means that:
- Each "hit" of Flamer will eventually deal 162.5% of the "damage per second" value.
- A listed "damage per second" value is not attained unless Flamer is sustained for at least 2 seconds, after-which Flamer will rapidly exceeds that DPS value.
- Foes continue to take a significant amount of damage-over-time with 5 seconds duration (potentially a majority of the total damage done) after the Flamer effect ends.
- Flamer will prime a Fire Explosion for as long it is in use (instead of on first impact). Flamer cannot detonate combos, however, only prime them.
- Flamer's cooldown mechanic is fluid rather then fixed: the more/less Flamer is held, the longer/shorter the cooldown.
- Flamer can be seen graphically being fired through walls; however, it doesn't affect the enemies behind it.
- Flamer's power can be canceled by using heavy melee, sprinting, or dodging, in addition to regular deactivation.
- Rank 6 "Armor Damage" evolution is recommended: this stacks with flamers 1.5x damage to armor multiplicative, thereby increasing it to 2.25x, and allows it to kill any armored foe on Bronze difficulty upon a single activation. Combined with consumables and other power damage buffs, it can apply in excess of 3,000 damage per second to armored foes.Clarification needed—see talk page
- Flamer is extremely effective against Cerberus, Collector, and Reaper forces, but is considerably less useful against Geth forces, as they do not stagger away from fire like organic enemies. Nevertheless, it still does considerable damage. Indirectly however, the Flamer has its uses: it will prevent enemy Primes, Hunters or Rocket Troopers from stunning you so long as you're using it. While you are still susceptible to being stunned after its usage, it will certainly help make you less susceptible to being stunned than most other classes.
- Due to the stacking and cooldown mechanics of Flamer, it is prudent to end Flamer prematurely on weaker enemies, lest you "waste" a potentially shorter cooldown to do an unnecessary amount of overkill damage-over-time.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160318000954/forum.bioware.com/topic/277136-gameplay-data-and-mechanics/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160731151725/https://forum.bioware.com/topic/399196-flamer-mechanics-explained/
- ↑ See 4-stack test on: https://web.archive.org/web/20160731151725/https://forum.bioware.com/topic/399196-flamer-mechanics-explained/