Power Ranks Edit
Rank 1: Flamer Edit
Fire a powerful short-range flame attack. The flames will persist for a max duration and can be canceled early for a faster recharge.
Highly effective against armor.
- Recharge Speed: 8 sec
- Damage Per Second: 200
- Duration: 5 sec
- Range: 10 m
Rank 2: Recharge Speed Edit
Increase recharge speed by 25%
- Recharge Speed: 6.40 sec
Rank 3: Damage Edit
Increase damage by 20%.
- Damage Per Second: 240
Rank 4: Damage/Reach Edit
Increase damage by 30%
Increase range by 50%
Rank 5: Damage/Duration Edit
Increase damage by 40%.
Increase duration by 60%
Rank 6: Armor Damage/Shield Damage Edit
Increase damage to armor by 50%
Increase damage to shields and barriers by 50%.
Player Notes Edit
- Flamer's cooldown mechanic is similar to that of Tactical Cloak. Rather than having a fixed cooldown, the more/less you hold the Flamer, the longer/shorter is the cooldown. Unlike the Tactical Cloak, however, the minimum 3 second cooldown does not apply.
- A common misconception is to think that Flamer can be used through walls like Shockwave and Snap Freeze. While Flamer can be seen graphically being fired through walls, it doesn't affect the enemies behind it.
- With the rank 6 "Armor Damage" evolution and all of the damage evolutions, is highly effective against Reaper enemies. For example, it can kill a Ravager and all of the Swarmers in 5 seconds on Bronze.
- Due its constant damage, it'll set up infinite Tech Combos as long it is held. Flamer, however, cannot detonate combos, only set them.
- Flamer is also very effective against Cerberus troops, as it effectively weakens shields and barriers.
- Flamer is considerably less useful against geth enemies, as they do not stagger away from fire like organic enemies. Nevertheless, it still does considerable damage. Indirectly however, the Flamer has its uses: it will prevent enemy Primes, Hunters or Rocket Troopers from stunning you so long as you're using it. While you are still susceptible to being stunned after its usage, it will certainly help make you less susceptible to being stunned than most other classes.
- While the skill is being used, the character moves slower and cannot fire any weapons. But if you are shooting with the Reegar Carbine and activate Flamer before the clip is depleted and release the fire-button immediately after the activation you can move with normal speed while using the Flamer.
- Additionally, there is a glitch where when activating Flamer as soon the clip of Reegar Carbine is depleted, it'll reload itself while you're using Flamer.
- The skill can be canceled using heavy melee, sprinting, or dodging, in addition to regular deactivation.
- Flamer has a starting 50% bonus damage against armor. It does not have an additional starting bonus against health, shields, or barriers.