HOLD BUTTON: Unleashes a short-range jet of flame that causes bonus damage to armor and ongoing burn damage. Damage increases exponentially for each second this power is sustained.
- Highly effective against armor.
- Unshielded enemies held in the jet catch fire, priming them for combo detonations.
- The flames will persist for a max duration and can be canceled early for a faster recharge.
|1||Flamer (Primer)||Unlocks Flamer skill.||
|2||Recharge Speed||Increased recharge speed.||+25% Recharge Time (s): 6.40|
|3||Damage||Increased damage.||+20% All Damage Per Second: 240|
|4||Damage||Increased damage.||+30% All Damage Per Second: 300|
|4||Reach||Increased range.||+50% Increased Range: 15 m|
|5||Damage||Increased flamethrower range.||+40% Sustained Damage per Second: 380 (stacking)|
|5||Duration||Increased burning damage duration.||+60% Burning Duration (s): 8|
|6||Anti-Armor||Increased damage vs. armor.||+50% Damage vs. Armor: 75%|
|6||Anti-Shield||Increased damage vs. shields and barriers.||+50% Damage vs. Shields and Barriers: 50%|
Note: Flamer deals 1.5x damage to armor.
- Flamer applies a stacking effect per half-second: 3/8 of the listed "damage per second" value is immediately applied upon impact, followed by a damage-over-time "burning effect" that deals 1/8 of the listed "damage per second" every half-second for 5 seconds. The math and ramification of this mechanic means that:
- Each "hit" of Flamer will eventually deal 162.5% of the "damage per second" value.
- A listed "damage per second" value is not attained unless Flamer is sustained for at least 2 seconds, after-which Flamer will rapidly exceeds that DPS value.
- Foes continue to take a significant amount of damage-over-time with 5 seconds duration (potentially a majority of the total damage done) after the Flamer effect ends.
- Flamer will prime a Fire Explosion for as long it is in use (instead of on first impact). Flamer cannot detonate combos, however, only prime them.
- Flamer's cooldown mechanic is fluid rather then fixed: the more/less Flamer is held, the longer/shorter the cooldown.
- Flamer can be seen graphically being fired through walls; however, it doesn't affect the enemies behind it.
- Flamer's power can be canceled by using heavy melee, sprinting, or dodging, in addition to regular deactivation.
Strategies and tacticsEdit
- Rank 6 "Armor Damage" evolution is recommended: this stacks with flamers 1.5x damage to armor multiplicative, thereby increasing it to 2.25x, and allows it to kill any armored foe on Bronze difficulty upon a single activation. Combined with consumables and other power damage buffs, it can apply in excess of 3,000 damage per second to armored foes.Clarification needed—see talk page
- Geth forces do not stagger away from fire like organic enemies. It will prevent enemy Primes, Hunters or Rocket Troopers from stunning you so long as you're using it.
- Ending Flamer prematurely on weaker enemies prevents "wasted" overkill damage-over-time and potentially shortens cooldown.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160318000954/forum.bioware.com/topic/277136-gameplay-data-and-mechanics/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160731151725/https://forum.bioware.com/topic/399196-flamer-mechanics-explained/
- ↑ See 4-stack test on: https://web.archive.org/web/20160731151725/https://forum.bioware.com/topic/399196-flamer-mechanics-explained/
See Also Edit