Invented by Blood Pack weapons experts, the first Executioner was improvised using spare parts and scrap metal during an Omega territory dispute. The result was a hand-held cannon able to fire high-impact armor-piercing slugs, although only one at a time due to its limited heatsink. Many Blood Pack mercs carry an Executioner as backup in case they get pinned down, but some enthusiasts prefer it as their primary gun, sticking to the one-shot-one-kill approach.
Player Notes Edit
- The Executioner has latent penetration of 50 centimeters—enough to pierce Guardians' shields.
- This penetration does not grant additional damage on armored targets.
- Due to the Executioner's single-shot magazine, shots should be taken with care. Either equip a Pistol Scope or stay in cover while shooting to avoid wasting shots.
- Coupled with the Pistol Ultralight Materials mod and a scope, the Executioner can fill the role of a high-powered sniper rifle at a fraction of the weight. It is an excellent companion weapon to the heavy N7 Typhoon.
- On lower difficulties, the Executioner Pistol is capable of killing most enemies in one shot.
- As with certain other slow-reloading pistols, do not use this weapon for killing Dr. Eva on Priority: Mars. One shot is insufficient to kill her.
- The Executioner is a great weapon for squadmates. It provides high damage, accuracy, and armor-piercing potential, and squadmates are not affected by its recoil and low ammo capacity, and the single shot clip is not as much as a drawback for them as it is for Shepard, because squadmates will often pop up to fire in small bursts before ducking anyway.