This mission is automatically started after completing Meridian: The Way Home, following the closing credits. A cutscene with dialogue will play of Ryder getting up from your father's computer, and talking with your sibling, who's been resting for a while.
Talk with your squad and crew Edit
As soon as you step out of Ryder's room on the grounded Hyperion, you will need to talk with Tann, Kesh, Addison, and Kandros, all of whom have come to the Hyperion from the Nexus to see Meridian for themselves. You'll start by interrupting Addison telling off Tann, and then Tann will tell you that you're late. However you respond to this, you will be told that you will nominate someone as an ambassador to the Nexus. At this point, you can argue that it shouldn't be up to you, but just like other politics in the game, they force it on you anyway. Saying that they cannot do it on a people's vote, that they cannot impose a vote on the angara, Kadara or Elaaden. Tann will then suggest the salarian Pathfinder, and you will then have to choose between four options:
- Moshae, the influential angaran leader - Gives the angara a voice, but Kandros will say they have enough of a voice, and Tann will say that it needs to be more Initiative-focused.
- August Bradley, the human mayor of Prodromos outpost on Eos - A good leader and representation of the outposts, but Kesh will say that his leadership experience is on a very small scale and Kandros will approve of how well he protects the outpost, despite opposition.
- Nakmor Morda, the krogan leader of New Tuchanka - Gives the krogan a voice, but Kesh laughs at this while Tann despises the choice and Addison will say it's rather unorthodox. (This option is not available if Ryder has not settled an outpost on Elaaden.)
- Raeka/Hayjer, the salarian pathfinder(s) that represents the future - Good representation of the Initiative's goals, but Addison will comment on how it's not the most inspirational choice, and Kesh just comments about how bad the choice is.
Whatever your choice, the politicians will make their comments, then move on. (Whoever you choose will later be found visiting the Hyperion the next time you visit Meridian and will comment upon being chosen.)
Now you're ready to proceed to the actual meat of the quest.
Now, you can talk to all 10 of the specified squad and crew members, in any order. There are also kiosks, a few extra people, and other information to glean from the area as well, but you can return later. The 10 specific people you will have to talk to are marked by green markers on the map and are: Gil, Lexi, Suvi, Peebee, Kallo, Drack, Vetra, Liam, Jaal and Cora. If Ryder is in a romance with any of these, there may be additional dialogue related to that.
Return to the Tempest to continue exploring Edit
Once you have talked to all 10, you will be able to keep exploring this small section of Meridian, or you can proceed to the eastern side of the main room, where you will find the option to open the door leading to the Tempest, and board and depart.
When you attempt to do this, your Ryder will notice your crew conversing together, and the other Pathfinders will catch you just before you head out the door. With whatever you respond with, the Pathfinders will encourage you, while your crew gathers around to stare at you proudly. Once you choose the final dialogue option, you will be seen with your crew on the bridge of the Tempest, with the ship leaving Meridian, and you completing the mission.
(Note: Upon returning to the Tempest you can visit all your crewmates again for additional dialogue related to Meridian.)
Once back aboard the Tempest, Ryder and crew can continue exploring Heleus and complete any side missions outstanding save for those locked out by the events of the endgame.
If Ryder has taken all five outpost worlds to 100% viability, one final post-game priority op mission, The World is Waiting, will automatically trigger upon returning to the Tempest; if not, it will be triggered once this condition occurs.
In addition, two optional side-missions are also unlocked, both involving returning to the Nexus: the final step of Task: Path of a Hero, and Nakmor Drack: Clutch Moment, depending upon choices made during the earlier mission Hunting the Archon.
Upon returning to the Tempest, Ryder gains a Biotic Amplifier and the blueprints for the Heleus Icon chestpiece and helmet at the appropriate tier for Ryder's current level, as well as 1330 XP.
- After the credits, Ryder can access a terminal in their quarters with a large number of email messages from Initiative citizens, presumably those who had awoken from stasis pods. A number of them include in-joke references to Bioware's Dragon Age franchise.
- An e-mail titled "A great story, pathfinder" is sent by V. Tethras, saying that he is going to write a story about Pathfinder's journey. It is presumably taken from Varric Tethras, a playable character and storyteller from Dragon Age.
- An e-mail titled "Winners get razzberries!" is sent by R. Jenny + Widdle, the nicknames of Sera and Dagna from Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- ￼Carver Hawke (whose name is the same as that of the broether of Dragon Age 2's main character) send a thank you e-mail, saying that he could have helped if he had SAM.
- ￼Alora, named after Dragon Age's dalish elf, sends a thank you message titled "me too".
- D. Sutherland (another name from Dragon Age: Inquisition) sends a thank you message titled "I'll make it matter".
- ￼Anders (named for a grey warden in Dragon Age) send a greeting mail, "Happy Landing Day!" and invites the Pathfinder to blow up the roof of the place. This refers to a story line of Dragon Age 2 involving Anders in which he blows up the Chantry building (a holy place in DA).
- Other Dragon Age character names referenced in the Pathfinder's inbox include Aveline (written as A. Donnic, referring to the fact the character married fellow guard Donnic) and Captain Isabela (written as Captain I., with her message stating that she'd allow Pathfinder to ride her boat anytime for free).
- This mission is the final time Ryder's sibling is seen or referenced; upon returning to Meridian, Ryder's quarters will be empty with no sign of the sibling anywhere. If Ryder Family Secrets was not completed prior to the endgame, the story thread involving Ryder's family (particularly their mother) remains incomplete.
- An impromptu dance floor is set up in one part of the Hyperion during the party; Ryder has another opportunity to dance here. Even though Peebee is sitting right nearby, she makes no comment.