|This article is about the class in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3. For other uses, see Engineer (disambiguation).|
Mass Effect Edit
The Engineer is a tech specialist, able to quickly and easily manipulate the environment with specific talents, and repair or modify technical equipment. Gameplay focus is on shaping the battlefield during combat, healing the party, and debuffing enemies (disabling weapons and lowering shields). Even though they begin the game with only pistols and an omni-tool, Engineers can unlock the ability to hack enemy technology.
Engineers possess all tech abilities, but can only equip light armor and may gain specialist training with pistols as well. They possess no biotic skills. Tech skills focus on crippling and damaging the enemy; tech proximity mine damage is, admittedly, often viewed as a secondary effect, but should not be discounted. Engineers also possess the First Aid and Medicine talents, making their healing very effective.
The Engineer class talent reduces recharge time for tech talents and increases tech protection.
Class Talent Edit
Each point spent in the Engineer talent gives abilities as listed below:
- Reduces recharge time of Sabotage, Overload, Damping, AI Hacking, Neural Shock, and First Aid by 4%. Increases tech protection by 6%.
- Reduces recharge time on all tech talents by 6%. Increases tech protection by 9%.
- Reduces recharge time on all tech talents by 8%. Increases tech protection by 12%.
- Reduces recharge time on all tech talents by 10%. Increases tech protection by 15%.
- Reduces recharge time on all tech talents by 12%. Increases tech protection by 18%.
- Reduces recharge time on all tech talents by 14%. Increases tech protection by 21%.
Mass Effect 2 Edit
Weapons Training Edit
Mass Effect 3 Edit
Engineers are tech specialists, the most effective class at disabling the defense of the toughest enemies or incapacitating them to render them harmless. In combination with their weapons training, Engineers have the unique ability to spawn combat drones that can harass enemies or force them out of entrenched cover positions.
Weight Capacity Edit
- See also: Weight Capacity
The Engineer has a weight capacity bonus of 10 at Level 1 of Tech Mastery, increasing to 30 at Level 2. A maximum capacity bonus of 50 is achievable by choosing the 'Weight Capacity' upgrade at Level 5 of Tech Mastery. This puts the Engineer in league with the Adept, with the lowest potential weight capacity compared to other classes.
See also Edit
|Soldier • Engineer • Adept • Infiltrator • Vanguard • Sentinel|