|Armament||Assault Rifle, Shotgun|
Haliat's plans came to nothing as the Alliance repelled the Blitz and decimated the pirate ships from orbit. The Terminus pirates blamed Haliat for the Blitz's failure, and he lost his position as their leader. He retreated to a remote world in disgrace.
Elanos Haliat is voiced by Gary Anthony Williams.
Haliat saw a chance to regain his prestige when he found an Alliance espionage probe left over from the First Contact War. These probes carried heavy nuclear payloads; he knew the Alliance would send someone to recover it, so he used the probe as bait. Haliat activated the probe's homing beacon and hid it in a mine on Agebinium.
Just as Haliat hoped, the Alliance sent Commander Shepard to retrieve the probe. Wanting the prestige of killing the first human Spectre, Haliat waited until Shepard was inside the mine, then detonated a seismic charge and trapped Shepard's team inside. Haliat then appeared over a hologram to taunt Shepard - or to blame Shepard for Haliat's disgrace if the Commander is a War Hero - and activated the probe's nuclear payload with a ten-second countdown.
Haliat then stole Shepard's Mako and brought it to his camp, only to be surprised by Shepard's team, who had deactivated the nuke and escaped the mine. Haliat and his followers attempted to kill them, but all of them died in the ensuing firefight.
- Elanus Haliat has three bars of shielding; like with all Mass Effect enemies, they can regenerate over time. His health will regenerate as well and he can use Immunity to drastically reduce damage taken. He can take cover and flank you, although he and his pirates never leave the confines of the camp.
- He is armed with an assault rifle and a shotgun, and can switch between those depending on the range of engagement. He can also switch from current weapon if he is affected by Sabotage, not leaving him defenceless like geth troops.
- Because there are a lot of Pirates and Pirate Snipers with him, it is advised to get into the nearby Mako and accept the reduced experience gain. If your character is trained in sniper rifles, you can just stay at your position and take them out one by one.
- Though intended to be a turian, Elanos Haliat was accidentally given a human model in the game itself. His actual species is only hinted at by his "turian-esque" name, the distinctive turian sound processing applied to his dialogue, and his referring to humanity as "Shepard's kind". This explains why despite being on a planet with an atmosphere comprised of carbon dioxide and krypton, and a surface temperature of −70 °C (-92 °F), he is not wearing a helmet when encountered outside.
- Haliat states that he assembled the fleet that launched the Skyllian Blitz three years previously, when in fact the Blitz occurred seven years prior to the game.
- His name seems to consist of the two turian weapon manifacturers' titles: Elanus Risk Control and Haliat Armory.