|Race||Human or Asari|
|Locations||Omega, Illium, Bekenstein, Helyme, Lorek|
For offensive power, Vanguards are armed with the M-27 Scimitar, which is limited in range, but has a bonus to damage versus shields and barriers.
- On harder difficulties, Vanguards are a nightmare to face in close combat, and the recommended tactic is to keep the Eclipse Vanguard at a distance. Ideally, they should be taken out at long range as they try to close in on you.
- Powers such as Warp, Concussive Shot and Reave are effective against barriers, as are assault rifles and Submachine Guns with their innate damage bonuses.
- As one of the most dangerous class of Eclipse mercenaries in a given group, it is advisable to concentrate firepower on any advancing Eclipse Vanguards.
- Asari vanguards will call out before using Warp: "Weakening their integrity!" "Deploying Warp field!" or "Mind over matter!"
- For Vanguards, close-range may be the preferred distance as their damage-dealing abilities at short ranges are also quite substantial.