Eclipse is a mercenary corporation that was founded by asari commando Jona Sederis. The organization provides effective security and firepower for prospective employers; they have few scruples about the nature of those who hire them, so long as they can afford their services. Eclipse mercenaries work in teams of troopers and vanguards which may be led by more experienced commando units.
Eclipse in general favors stealth, discrimination, and "intelligent" ways of conducting battles. They are not as disciplined as their more established rivals in the Blue Suns, but make up for this with cutting edge equipment and weaponry, as well as their extensive use of biotics. Eclipse also has many ventures that delve into smuggling; they control nearly 20% of all smuggling on Omega, and specialize in transporting illicit goods and criminals from place to place.
Prospective Eclipse operatives, at least on Illium, are rumored to be required to successfully commit a murder before they can be given their uniform.
Mass Effect 2 Edit
In 2185, Eclipse are encountered on Omega, where their commander, Jaroth, is seeking revenge on the masked vigilante Archangel for killing his brother and disrupting his operations. Upon further investigation, Shepard learns that Archangel is Garrus Vakarian, and the two fight off Jaroth's team, killing Jaroth in the process.
Nassana Dantius employs Eclipse mercenaries on Illium to protect her from the drell assassin, Thane Krios. Shepard must fight through numerous Eclipse troopers in an effort to locate the assassin. In one scene, Shepard confronts a lone Eclipse trooper and interrogates him. Shepard has the option to extract information non-violently or lose patience and defenestrate him.
While trying to recruit Samara on Illium, Shepard is tasked with finding the name of the ship that transported Morinth off world from an elite group of Eclipse mercenaries known as "the Sisterhood." They primarily recruit young asari, who as part of their initiation into the group must perform one murder.
On Bekenstein, Eclipse provides security for Donovan Hock. Some of the guards assigned to Hock's estate wear uniforms with an alternate color scheme (black armor with a white logo) to differentiate themselves from the standard troops. Several members of this unit are killed by Shepard and Kasumi Goto.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
During the Reaper Invasion, Aria is attempting to unite the Eclipse, Blood Pack, and Blue Suns under her leadership since they're running amok away from Omega. Aria bargains with Shepard that the Commander will have the mercenaries' support against the Reapers if Shepard helps her assume control over them.
Shepard can choose to assist by either persuading Commander Bailey to release Jona Sederis from imprisonment, or by persuading Sayn to assume leadership of Eclipse. The payoff is "a ton of mechs" and "elite troopers for stealth operations" in Aria's words.
Key Members Edit
- Jona Sederis - Founder and leader of Eclipse.
- Sayn - Sederis' second in command.
- Jaroth - Leader of the Eclipse mercenaries on Omega.
- Morl - Commander of the Eclipse base on Lorek.
- Captain Enyala - Leader of the Eclipse mercenaries hired to intercept Miranda's sister during the loyalty mission.
- Captain Wasea - The Eclipse Commando holding the information that Samara was looking for.
- Chief Roe - Commander of the Eclipse mercenaries on Bekenstein.
- Captain Vorleon - Captain of an Eclipse team that seized an Eldfell-Ashland Energy refinery on the planet Helyme.
Troop Varieties Edit
- Eclipse Commando
- Eclipse Engineer
- Eclipse Heavy
- Eclipse Operative
- Eclipse Security Guard
- Eclipse Trooper
- Eclipse Vanguard
- Sisterhood Initiate
- An eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when one astronomical object moves into the shadow of another, such as a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse.
- In Mass Effect: Invasion, a single batarian Eclipse soldier can be seen when the gangs of Omega begin fighting each other shortly after Aria's initial departure. However, no other batarian Eclipse soldiers are ever seen or mentioned in other Mass Effect media.