Originally handcrafted for the exclusive use of justicars, the Disciple Shotgun's schematics were finally released to asari commandos after centuries of negotiation. The Disciple uses shells packed with microscale submunitions to deal staggering amounts of damage. Even shielded enemies are stunned by the force of a blast from this weapon.
The Disciple can be found during the mission Kallini: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery in a small room shortly after speaking with Falere the first time. (It is also purchasable from Nos Astra Sporting Goods post-mission if it was missed.)
Player Notes Edit
- The Disciple is one of the most accurate standard shotguns, only rivaled by the Graal Spike Thrower and its longer-range flechettes. Adding a Smart Choke or using Marksman will make the Disciple even more precise.
- It is also the lightest shotgun, allowing for more power usage or an extra weapon without going into the negatives in power cooldown. Power-intensive Vanguards who rely on shotgun backup are most likely to benefit from this weapon; its relatively high accuracy in close quarters is another advantage.
- The Disciple has a fair reload time; however, it is slower compared to the M-23 Katana or M-27 Scimitar.
- The Disciple possesses a higher chance of causing enemies to stagger than other weapons, and can even stagger shielded enemies.
- The Disciple has exactly the same weight, clip size, spare ammo capacity and fire rate as the M-358 Talon heavy pistol, but deals slightly less damage, reloads slower, is more expensive to upgrade, and found later than the Talon. Furthermore, heavy pistols can be equipped with better penetration and power damage modifications, provided Mass Effect 3: Citadel has been installed. Power-heavy Vanguards should therefore consider choosing the Talon over the Disciple.