There are currently ten comics set in the Mass Effect universe. As the game is considered to be the player's story, none of the comics, like the novels, feature Commander Shepard as the main character. The sole exceptions are Mass Effect: Genesis and Mass Effect: Genesis 2, which, being interactive, allow the player to control Shepard's decisions.
- Mass Effect: Redemption - A four-issue series that serves as a prequel to Mass Effect 2, and is set a few months after the opening events of Mass Effect 2. The plot involves Liara T'Soni, Cerberus, and a mission of the utmost urgency. The first issue was released on January 26, 2010, with the release of Mass Effect 2, and the Mass Effect 2 Limited Collectors' Edition had a special edition of the comic book. Written by Mac Walters, scripted by John Jackson Miller, drawn by Omar Francia, colored by Michael Atiyeh and lettered by Michael Heisler. Cover designs by Daryl Mandryk.
- Mass Effect: Evolution - A four-issue series written by Mac Walters. Evolution is set in 2157, during the First Contact War, and the story covers the origins of the Illusive Man and Cerberus. The first issue was released on January 19, 2011. The series was produced by the same team that did the Redemption series, but with different cover artists. Cover designs were done by Massimo Carnevale, with an alternate cover done by Joe Quinones.
- Mass Effect: Invasion - A four-issue comic series written by Mac Walters. Invasion focuses on Aria T'Loak's battle against the human-survivalist organization Cerberus as it attacks Omega. The first issue was released on October 19, 2011. A special edition copy of the first issue will be included in copies of the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition.
- Mass Effect: Homeworlds - A four-issue series written by Mac Walters and the Mass Effect 3 writing team. Each issue focuses on a squad member from Mass Effect 3. The first issue was released on April 25, 2012.
- Mass Effect: Foundation - An ongoing comic series with at least 13 issues planned. It features original stories written by Mac Walters. The first issue was released on July 24, 2013.
- Mass Effect: Incursion - A short 8 page comic released on June 21, 2010 through IGN. The plot revolves around Aria T'Loak and is set one week before the opening events of Mass Effect 2. It is written and scripted by Mac Walters, drawn by Eduardo Francisco, colored by Michael Atiyeh and lettered by Michael Heisler.
- Mass Effect: Inquisition - A short 8-page comic released on October 25, 2010, through USA Today. Taking place after Mass Effect 2, the plot revolves around Captain Bailey and his investigation of Executor Pallin and allegations of corruption within C-Sec.
- Mass Effect: Conviction - A short 8-page comic released in September 2011 through a limited Dark Horse Digital promotion. Days after the events of Arrival, David Anderson locates Alliance marine James Vega on Omega and tasks him with guarding an important prisoner.
- Mass Effect: Blasto: Eternity is Forever - A single-issue comic featuring Blasto, a fictional hanar Spectre. It was released on November 7, 2012 through Dark Horse Digital.
- Mass Effect: He Who Laughs Best - A single-issue comic featuring Jeff "Joker" Moreau. It was released on Free Comic Book Day on May 4, 2013.
- Mass Effect: Genesis - An "interactive backstory comic" included in the PlayStation 3 release of Mass Effect 2. It recounts the story of the original Mass Effect and allows the player to make six of the key decisions Shepard could make in that game. It was later made available for Xbox 360 and PC. It was written by Mac Walters.
- Mass Effect: Genesis 2 - An "interactive backstory comic" included in Mass Effect 3: Special Edition, an updated version of Mass Effect 3 developed exclusively for Wii U. It is an updated version of the original Genesis, featuring its choices as well as a new set of choices which cover the events of Mass Effect 2. It was later made available for Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.
- Mass Effect Library Edition (Vol. 1) - A hardcover anthology released on May 15, 2013 that contains the comics Mass Effect: Conviction, Mass Effect: Evolution, Mass Effect: Homeworlds, Mass Effect: Inquisition, Mass Effect: Invasion, and Mass Effect: Redemption.
- ↑ http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33181
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOV44CrnvCs
- ↑ http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/20-458/Mass-Effect-Homeworlds-1-Anthony-Palumbo-cover
- ↑ http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44019
- ↑ http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1100605p1.html
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2010-10-25-masseffect25_ST_N.htm
- ↑ http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/476/exclusive-digital-comics-available-your-retailer
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5951224/mass-effect-3s-best-action-hero-is-getting-his-own-comic
- ↑ http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1208/free-comic-book-day-2013
- ↑ http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/12/the-fastest-way-to-make-six-mass-effect-decisions-on-the-playstation-3/
|Mass Effect Series|
|Mass Effect Trilogy||Mass Effect (CE, ♫) • Mass Effect 2 (CE, ♫) • Mass Effect 3 (CE, ♫, Multiplayer) • Trilogy|
|Mobile Games||Mass Effect Galaxy • Mass Effect: Infiltrator • Mass Effect 3: Datapad|
|Downloadable Content||Mass Effect • Mass Effect 2 • Mass Effect 3|
|Books||Revelation • Ascension • Retribution • Deception|
|Comics|| Redemption • Evolution • Invasion • Homeworlds • Foundation • Incursion • Inquisition|
Conviction • Blasto: Eternity is Forever • He Who Laughs Best • Library Edition
|Films||Paragon Lost (♫) • Mass Effect|