|This article is about the Collector enemy in Mass Effect 2. For the Cerberus unit in Mass Effect 3, see Guardian.|
|Armament||Collector Assault Rifle|
|Abilities|| Hex Shield|
|Locations||Horizon, Collector Cruiser, Collector Base|
Guardians possess the Collector Assault Rifle, which they can arm with Warp Ammo. Their weapons utilize a burst-fire mode similar to M-15 Vindicators which can be devastating to your shields and biotic barriers on higher difficulties.
Guardians have strong biotic barriers and can deploy Hex Shields.
- Collector Guardians are the only Collectors capable of regenerating their barriers. As such, it is advisable to ensure that a Guardian is slain quickly once its barrier drops, not giving it a chance to replenish its defenses.
- Like all other Collector soldiers, Guardians can be possessed by Harbinger.
- The Guardian's weapons is powerful, accurate, and equipped with Warp Ammo. On higher difficulties, they can deplete your shields in a single burst.
- Guardians can shoot through their own ballistic shields.
- Their ballistic shields do not block Reave, thus making it an effective power when fighting them.