Speak to Doran, the owner and bartender of Flux, to witness a conversation between him and Rita about Rita's sister. Afterwards, speak to Rita to learn the details of her problem. If you press her, you'll find out that her sister Jenna, a bartender in Chora's Den, is actually operating as an undercover agent for C-Sec. Rita is concerned for her sister's safety and asks you to talk to Jenna for her.
Head to Chora's Den and speak to Jenna at the bar. All dialogue is linear and the same, and results in Jenna being irritated by everyone's concern and refusal to stop working for C-Sec. After she cuts off the conversation, she won't speak to you further.
When leaving Chora's Den, a turian will bump into you and whispers that if you're concerned about Jenna's safety, to see him at C-Sec. When questioned, the turian acts drunk to deflect suspicion and stumbles off.
Head to C-Sec and move towards the traffic control area. You'll find the turian in one of the offices on your left. He will introduce himself as Chellick, a C-Sec detective, and begin to berate you for almost blowing Jenna's cover. He will continue to explain that Jenna is working in Chora's Den to collect information about illegal weapons mods. You may Charm or Intimidate him to force him to release Jenna. Additionally, you may gain Chellick's favour: he advises Shepard of an opportunity involving an arms dealer that would close her case, so there will be no need for her to work in the Den.
- Choosing "All right. What do you need?" has you continue by helping.
- Choosing "Forget it." and then "No." lets you exit the conversation. The offer stays open, so you can come back later. This allows you to choose any of other the initial options, including Charm and Intimidate.
- Choosing "You don't need her." (Charm skill 7) yields 2 Paragon points and he lets Jenna go, allowing you the choice to help further or not.
- Choosing "Pathetic" (Intimidate skill 6) yields 2 Renegade points and makes him release Jenna, allowing you the choice to help further or not.
The arms dealer is a krogan, named Jax, and can be found in the Lower Markets near Morlan's famous shop. At the meeting, you can either try to arrest Jax, kill him outright, or keep up the act and purchase the weapon mods peacefully.
- Choosing to arrest Jax results in a fight, and 9 Renegade points when you report back to Chellick.
- Choosing "Sure." results in no fight, 8 Paragon points when you report back to Chellick, as well as an upgrade, XP, credits, and omni-gel.
- Choosing "I don't think so." results in a fight, and 9 Renegade points when you report back to Chellick.
Any of these resolutions leads in Jenna being removed from Chora's Den and going back to work at Flux. Speak to Rita to end the assignment. She is pleased that her sister is out of danger, but slightly annoyed: she forgot Jenna gets all the good tips.
Mass Effect 3 ConsequencesEdit
If this assignment was completed, along with the assignments involving Conrad Verner in both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, Jenna can save Conrad's life during a mission. A Cerberus contact fires a bullet at Shepard which Conrad takes. If this assignment was never done, Conrad will die in said mission instead.
- If you Charm / Intimidate Chellick into letting Jenna go, but nevertheless agree to help him, and then meet peacefully with Jax and get the mods, the next phase of the assignment will be "Return the mods to Chellick". If instead you visit Rita, before or after you meet Jax, she will thank you and the assignment will end.