Dr. Chloe Michel is being blackmailed for a mistake in her past and needs help.
This mission will be available when you return to the Med Clinic after finding Garrus, Wrex, and Tali at the beginning of the game. There, you will overhear Dr. Michel being threatened, and can offer to help.
It is not necessary to rescue Dr. Michel from Fist's thugs for the mission to become available.
Dr. Michel explains she is being blackmailed; the demand is for medical supplies to be delivered to Morlan, a salarian shop owner that can be found in the Lower Markets. She is at risk of losing her license if her past is uncovered. You can offer to deliver them for her and uncover the blackmailer.
Go to the Markets and speak to Morlan about Dr. Michel. After a brief conversation, the real blackmailer, a krogan, steps in and says "I told Banes you'd screw this up." The krogan will then confront you.
- Choosing "You should reconsider." (Charm skill level 6) results in 8 Paragon points.
- Choosing "Let's work this out." results in 2 Paragon points and a fight.
- Choosing "No deal." results in a fight.
- Choosing "Kill him." results in 2 Renegade points and a fight.
- Choosing "Talk and you're dead!" (Intimidate skill level 3) results in 9 Renegade points.
Return to Dr. Michel; she will give you a discount on her medical goods, and pay about twice the price of anything you sell to her. There is also then the option to ask her about Armistan Banes.
Mass Effect 2 Consequences Edit
If completed successfully, in Mass Effect 2, Shepard will receive an email from Dr. Michel in which she expresses how happy she is to hear that the Commander is alive, and asks if Shepard and Garrus can drop by for a visit.
- Blackmailer (Optional)