Alternative journal entry:
Cerberus encryption algorithms were recovered from Onteron [sic]. Find someone on the Citadel who can use them.
If you never heard from Dellk in his corner of the Embassies, the ciphers and the mission's journal entry can be acquired directly at Ontarom.
Walkthrough EditN7: Communication Hub, which becomes available only after completing Priority: Thessia.
After the 2nd objective, the terminal is on the far right. If the codes were not obtained during this mission, they become available at the Spectre Requisitions terminal for 1,000 credits (900 credits if at the maximum 10% discount).
- Cerberus Encryption Codes
- Alliance code-breakers are having difficulty cracking Cerberus encryption. For a nominal fee, the salarian Special Tasks Group is willing to sell encryption algorithms recovered from Cerberus engineers during the attack on Sur'Kesh. Because the sale violates protocol and risks political repercussions within the salarian government, the seller has asked that STG's involvement be kept quiet. Instead, the data should be marked as discovered on the body of a Cerberus engineer whose equipment failed to self-destruct.
Once the codes are obtained, return to Dellk and talk to him. Finishing the mission will reward you with 5 Reputation, 30 experience and 1,000 credits.
- If you collect the Cerberus codes but are killed before completing the mission, you will lose the codes, but the terminal you get them from will be deactivated as though you already got them. If this happens, you must pay for them at Spectre Requisitions.
- To play it safe, get the codes after clearing out the station but before deactivating the third hacking device as your run of the level ends upon doing so.
- You may be unable to interact with Dellk after buying the ciphers from the Spectre terminal. Just head to any other Presidium level, then go back to the Embassies and he will be selectable again. Alternatively, saving and reloading the game should fix it as well. This doesn't always work however (Xbox/PC).
- Regardless of how the cipher was acquired, during the handover Shepard claims they were found on a Cerberus engineer instead of on a terminal.