These Cerberus-modified M-96 Mattock rifles are fully automatic. Cerberus gunsmiths reined in the recoil issues, resulting in a gun that stays on target but delivers slightly less punch per round than a standard Mattock. As such, the weapon is typically utilized by Cerberus’s elite troopers who train constantly to make every burst count.
The Cerberus Harrier is available after downloading the Mass Effect 3: Firefight Pack.
Player Notes Edit
- The Cerberus Harrier suffers from lack of ammo, but this can be countered with appropriate armor pieces, the thermal clip mod, or upgrading the weapon.
- On higher difficulties this gun may be a superior choice to other powerful assault rifle such as the Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle or M-96 Mattock because of its considerable accuracy and damage. It also has less weight, which makes it an acceptable weapon for power-oriented characters.
- The damage per second and recoil of the Harrier exceed that of the Mattock, making short burst fire preferable over automatic fire. Adding a Stabilization Dampener and a Scope will go a long way towards remedying any issues with the weapon's recoil.
- Unfortunately, the Harrier is a poor choice for squadmates, who fire in short 3-4 round bursts before taking cover again for 1-2 seconds, often taking 20+ seconds to empty a clip. This leads to a rather low damage output compared to its potential.
- Although not available in Mass Effect: Andromeda, it is possible to reproduce it to a certain degree. To do so, you have to craft a M-96 Mattock with the Automatic Fire System (made available with patch 1.08), the weapon will have 20 shot per clip similarly to the Harrier.