|Orbital Period||1.1 Earth Years|
|Day Length||44.6 Earth Hours|
|Atm. Pressure||1.1 atm|
|Surface Temp||99 °C|
|Surface Gravity||1.1 g|
|Mass||1.641 Earth Masses|
Casbin is a classic "pre-garden" terrestrial world, with conditions similar to those on Earth millions of years ago. Its hot, humid atmosphere is mainly composed of nitrogen and carbon dioxide. An increasing amount of the surface is covered by simple lichen and algae. Should no unexpected calamity occur, these tiny plants will change the atmosphere to an Earth-like nitrogen-oxygen mix over the next few millennia.
Due to its potential for future habitability and sapient life, Casbin has been designated a Sanctuary World by the Citadel Council. Landing is prohibited by law, and any disturbance of the fragile young ecosystem will result in harsh fines and imprisonment.
At present, the planet is passing through the debris trail of a long-period comet.
- Assignment: UNC: Geth Incursions
- Collection: UNC: Locate Signs of Battle: Salarian ID Tag ×1 (Captain Thein)
- Survey: UNC: Valuable Minerals: Heavy Metal ×1 / Rare Element ×2
Points of Interest Edit
|1||Initial||Geth outpost (UNC: Geth Incursions)|
|3||Initial||Crashed probe (can be salvaged with any Electronics skill.)|
|4||Initial||Beacon (UNC: Locate Signs of Battle)
“Buried under the beacon was an identification tag for Captain Thein. There's no indication of why it was hidden here, or who buried it in the first place.”
Mineral Deposits Edit
- Main article: UNC: Valuable Minerals
- Casbin may have been named after a provincial capital of Iran.
- The author of this planetary codex may be referring to Earth's Proterozoic Era when free oxygen increased leading to oxygenation of the atmosphere. This event occurred over a billion years ago.
- The second point of interest interestingly remains a question mark in some playthroughs even after clearing the area of geth. There are no visible methods of interaction on the place and remains labeled "Anomalous Signal" even after scouring the planet of anything worthwhile.