|Armament||Automatic Arm Cannon|
|Abilities|| Frag Grenade|
|Locations||Earth, Menae, Mahavid, Namakli, 2181 Despoina, Tuchanka, Utukku, Lesuss, Thessia, Horizon|
Cannibals are front-line Reaper units created from corrupted batarians. The nickname refers to their propensity to devour the bodies of fallen comrades. This triggers a biochemical process through which the cannibals spontaneously heal themselves and grow new chitinous armor. The transformation also appears to give cannibals a greater awareness of their surroundings, leading to more strategic behavior and careful use of battlefield cover.
Cannibals possess a large gun held in place by a human corpse that serves as an arm. This gun is fairly powerful, and can kill the player easily if they're not careful, especially when multiple units are involved. From this same arm cannon, they can also launch Frag Grenades. They can also use melee attacks, trying to grab whatever gets close to them. Cannibals are also capable of executing downed players by regurgitating stomach acid and consuming them.
Cannibals have the ability to regenerate health by consuming other fallen enemies on the battlefield. They are large, slow and do not dodge powers, so are rather easy targets. They often take cover to avoid fire, albeit not as effectively as Assault Troopers. When Cannibals consume fallen enemies, allies, or are buffed by Marauders, they gain plating on their body which protects them from damage in that area until they are shot off. This armor plated state also allows them to continually regenerate health, unless stopped by appropriate powers or ammunition.
- Incendiary Ammo is a good idea when engaging large numbers of Husks and Cannibals; the bodies of the dead will burn away, leaving no corpse for the Cannibal to devour; using Cryo Ammo can shatter the body upon death, which also leaves no corpse for the Cannibal to consume.
- Cannibals will often disregard cover to devour a corpse, leaving them open to attack. Shooting them quickly will prevent them from growing armor plates.
- If you can time your shot, you can stop the Cannibal from growing armor from consuming a corpse, but the corpse will dissolve as if they had, denying other Cannibals the opportunity.
- If a Cannibal does not have plating from devouring, a cloaked infiltrator with a high-powered sniper rifle (e.g. M-98 Widow, Black Widow, Javelin) will kill them instantly anywhere on Bronze, and occasionally on Silver depending on the weapon.
- Cannibals remain vulnerable to biotic powers such as Throw and Pull while they are feeding on a corpse. Using these powers can interrupt the feeding process and prevent them from gaining armor. In addition, the physics-based damage of Throw is unaffected by any armor plating a Cannibal may have.
- The Krysae Sniper Rifle and the Reegar Carbine are very useful when facing groups of Cannibals and Husks - the bullet explosions of the Krysae and the electrical stream of the Reegar both leave no bodies to be consumed.
- Placing a Stasis Bubble over a corpse can be a very effective trap, since the Cannibals will run right into it in their attempts to feed.
- ↑ The Art of the Mass Effect Universe
|Mass Effect 3 Enemies|
|CAT6||Brooks • CAT6 Heavy • CAT6 Sniper • CAT6 Specialist • Clone • Disruption Drone|
|Cerberus|| Adjutant • Assault Trooper • Atlas • Centurion • Combat Engineer • Dragoon • Dr. Eva • Guardian • Kai Leng |
Legion Assassin • Nemesis • Phantom • Rampart Mech • Turret
|Collectors|| Abomination (Possessed) • Collector Captain (Possessed) • Collector Trooper (Possessed) • Collector Web |
Praetorian (Possessed) • Scion (Possessed) • Seeker Swarm (Plague)
|Geth|| Combat Drone • Geth Bomber • Geth Hunter • Geth Prime • Geth Pyro • Geth Rocket Trooper • Geth Trooper|
|Reapers||Banshee • Brute • Cannibal • Harvester • Husk • Marauder • Ravager • Swarmer|