|This article is about the power in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. For the heavy weapon, see M-920 Cain.|
Power Ranks Edit
Rank 1: Cain Trip Mine Edit
Attach a C4 proximity explosive to any surface that arms after 1.50 seconds. Decimate the defenses of enemies that trip the sensor. Only 3 mines can be armed at a time.
Highly effective versus armor, shields, and barriers. Consumes a grenade.
- Damage: 1200
- Radius: 5m
Rank 2: Grenade Capacity Edit
Increase grenade capacity by 1.
Rank 3: Damage Edit
Increase damage by 20%.
- Damage: 1440
Rank 4: Damage/Radius Edit
Increase damage by 30%.
Increase explosion radius by 30%.
Rank 5: Armor Damage/Grenade Capacity Edit
Increase damage done to armor by 50%.
Increase grenade capacity by 2.
Rank 6: Damage/Radius Edit
Increase damage by 50%.
Increase explosion radius by 50%.
Player Notes Edit
- The Cain Trip Mine is launched in the same manner as the mine powers. When it attaches to a wall, it creates a beam perpendicular to the wall. When an enemy walks through the beam, the Cain Trip Mine will be detonated. It is better placed on walls so the horizontal beam is more likely to be crossed.
- The mine is triggered when an enemy crosses the red line, not when they cross the plane of the line. If an enemy goes under, over, or beside the line, the mine will not trip. So, when setting a horizontal mine, be sure to set it low enough so that shorter enemies such as Nemeses and Phantoms can't go under the line and high enough to catch Geth Bombers.
- The power is best used when placed at chokepoints, gateways, and enemy spawning areas, allowing the Talon to eliminate many enemies at the same time while not even being present.
- If the player launches a mine while there are already three active, the oldest one is destroyed. This can be used as a very effective and unconventional tactic of flattening an entire enemy group in mere seconds.
- Banshees are capable of teleporting through trip mines without causing the mine to go off. A mine will only go off if they walk through it or if they stop teleporting close enough to the wire. To ensure that a Banshee is caught in an explosion, try setting off multiple trip mines parallel to one another and spaced out a bit (but not too far) so that at least one will trip when the Banshee stops teleporting.
- Single-player: N/A
- Multiplayer: Talon Mercenary Engineer