Create a biotic sphere that surrounds the caster and nearby allies. More damage to enemies entering the shielded area.
Rank 1: Biotic Sphere
- Recharge Speed: 6 sec
- Duration: 30 sec
- Radius: 3 m
- Damage Reduction: 20%
- Damage Taken Increase: 10%
Rank 2: Recharge Speed
Increase recharge speed by 20%.
- Recharge Speed: 5 sec
Rank 3: Duration
Increase duration by 30%.
- Duration: 39 sec
Rank 4: Shield Regeneration/Radius
Keep allies within the shield to decrease shield-recharge delay by 15%.
Increase the sphere's radius by 30%.
Rank 5: Damage Reduction/Enemy Weakness
Increase damage reduction to allies within the shield by 10%.
Increase damage taken by enemies within the shielded area by an additional 15%.
Rank 6: Allied Protection/Warp Effect
Decrease the damage that shielded allies take by 10%.
Hit enemies inside the shield with Warp, dealing 50 damage per second and reducing armor by 25%.
- Unlike most biotic powers, Biotic Sphere takes effect at the caster's feet, rather than spawning or taking effect at the targeted area. This limits its offensive utility.
- The defensive abilities of this power can be stacked on preexisting damage reduction powers such as Barrier or the krogans' Rage. While it is effective with any race or class, the best results are seen on krogan. Krogan can become walking castles when all the damage reduction effects are in play, receiving as much as 60% damage protection (70% shield protection) with powers, or 90% with powers and Blood Rage. All the bonuses can effectively make krogan nearly invulnerable so long as they stay within the Biotic Sphere.
- If a Biotic Sphere is created while another Biotic Sphere made by the same person is up, the previous Sphere will disappear with a shattering sound and a new Sphere will appear at the caster's feet.
- Biotic Sphere takes a slight delay to create.
- If the Warp Effect evolution is chosen, enemies will get inflicted with Warp once they enter the Sphere. This exposes cloaked enemies (e.g. Geth Hunter, Phantom) and sets them up for a Biotic Explosion with Reave. Close-range units such as Banshees and Brutes are rapidly brought down within the Sphere.
- Upon creation, the Sphere does a minuscule amount of damage to enemies inside it or touching it. This damage can kill Swarmers, stagger lesser enemies, and will detonate Biotic Explosions.
- Single-player: N/A
- Multiplayer: Asari Justicar