Backlash is a Biotic skill in Mass Effect: Andromeda
Power Ranks Edit
HOLD BUTTON: Generates a frontal biotic aegis barrier that reflects most projectiles and reduces the damage of other enemy attacks. A well-timed initial activation interrupts melee attacks.
|1||Backlash||Unlocks Backlash skill.||Aegis Health: 300
Projectile Damage Returned: 120%
Frontal Damage Resistance: 75
Recharge Time (s): 20
|2||Recharge Speed||Increases recharge speed.||+25% Recharge Speed|
|3||Durability||Increases durability.||+35% Aegis Health|
|4||Durability||Increases durability.||+40% Aegis Health|
|4||Recharge Speed||Increases recharge speed.||+30% Recharge Speed|
|5||Durability||Increases durability.||+40% Aegis Health|
|5||Reflection||Increases damage of returned projectiles.||+100% Projectile Damage Returned|
|6||Shield Resurgence||Restores shields over 3 sec after releasing Backlash. Can restore up to 50% of shield strength, scaled to damage absorbed by the aegis.|
|6||Damage Aftermath||Increases damage inflicted for 3 sec after releasing Backlash. Scales with the amount of damage absorbed by the aegis.||+20% Gun Damage Bonus
+30% Power Damage Bonus
+30% Melee Damage Bonus
Player Notes Edit
- Recharge speed is based off damage absorbed by the aegis, with less damage absorbed resulting in a quicker recharge speed. Absorbing no damage will result in a near-instant recharge.
- Backlash can be sustained while moving and jumping, but not while sprinting or dashing.
- Projectiles will be reflected wherever the player is aiming, meaning one enemy's projectiles can be reflected onto another enemy.
- Backlash is particularly powerful against the Remnant, as both Observers and Nullifiers shoot projectiles that are very powerful and very easy to deflect.
- Attacks that stagger the player, such as a Berserker's Flak Cannon or a Hydra's missiles, cannot be reflected and instantly break Backlash.
- Pathfinder Ryder: Starting Biotic Power
- Multiplayer: Asari Duelist, Asari Sentinel