When the Reaper-killer known as Leviathan fought the Collectors, it severed their connection to Harbinger with a thrall device. Most Collector forces died as a result, but a few survived. Now, these rare individuals fight for the memory of their people, a proud race broken by the Reapers.
Protheans appointed avatars to embody and model a single virtue for their society. The Awakened Collectors' virtue is vengeance.
Melee and movement Edit
Player Notes Edit
General Notes Edit
- This is a character capable of very potent biotic damage, being able to prime multiple biotic explosions with Dark Sphere and Dark Channel and single-handedly detonate them in quick succession using Seeker Swarms.
- A potent biotic attack pattern manipulating the cooldown mechanics is to first send out a Dark Sphere, then Dark Channel (which has a short cooldown), then detonate numerous enemies with Seeker Swarms (make sure you have plenty summoned before initiating the Sphere) and finally, if desired, detonate Dark Sphere.
- For this tactic, it is useful to invest points in Seeker Swarm because Dark Channel and Dark Sphere cannot detonate each other.
- Dark Sphere can still be detonated manually (triggering the cooldown) even if it has already been used for biotic explosions. The detonation may hit enemies through cover.
- Alternatively, using Seeker Swarms for the protection bonus and not detonating Dark Sphere allows for a heavier loadout supported by biotic damage over time.
- The Collector suffers from lengthy power cooldowns and activation animations, which can prove untimely in the middle of a battle. Be aware of how many Seeker Swarms you have with you at all times so that the activation animation does not take you by surprise.
- If timed correctly, it is possible to cancel the "summoning" animation of the Seeker Swarm by quickly using a Dark Channel. This has the added bonus of activating the significantly shorter cooldown of Dark Channel.
- The Collector can gain a whopping +65% boost to power damage from its passive powers. When equipment and gear are taken into account, the Collector Adept can easily have a more than 100% boost to power damage -- and Dark Sphere and Dark Channel both are very high-damage effects.
- Ascension Mode's fairly limited 45 second duration coupled with its long activation animation can make it a chore to sustain, so use it wisely.
- Forewing Leap functions similar to the Propulsion Packs of the Turian Ghost, Havoc, and Saboteur. While it suffers from a significant aftercast delay, its initial movement is extremely quick, making it one of the most reactive dodges in the game.
- Cerberus troops are highly mobile and will dodge the slow-moving Dark Sphere very often. Using choke points and evolving Dark Sphere to have an increased radius can mitigate these problems.
- Dark Sphere can hit through Guardians with their shields up.
- Phantoms will sometimes use their spherical barrier to prevent damage, but since Dark Sphere is a controlled explosive, one can simply wait until the barrier is down, then detonate.
- Dark Sphere combined with Dark Channel and Seeker Swarms can be used to safely take down dangerous groups of Abominations and Seeker Swarms from afar.
- This is also effective against hardened targets, as most enemies have barriers and/or armor, both of which are vulnerable to biotics.
- The significant force applied by your light melee will push enemies far away, making it the ideal tool for dealing with nearby Abominations, especially Possessed ones.
- Dark Sphere can reveal cloaked Geth Hunters and quickly dispose of Geth Primes' Combat Drones and Geth Turrets.
- Brutes, Cannibals and Ravagers move slow enough for Seeker Swarm to take full effect, and for Dark Sphere to properly prime.
|Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer and Character Customization|
|Adepts||Asari • Asari Justicar • Awakened Collector • Batarian Slasher • Drell • Human • Krogan Shaman • N7 Fury • Project Phoenix • Volus|
|Engineers||Geth • Human • N7 Demolisher • Quarian • Quarian Male • Salarian • Talon Mercenary • Turian Saboteur • Volus • Vorcha Hunter|
|Infiltrators||Alliance Infiltration Unit • Asari Huntress • Drell Assassin • Geth Hunter • Human • N7 Shadow • Quarian • Quarian Male • Salarian • Turian Ghost|
|Sentinels||Asari Valkyrie • Batarian Enforcer • Human • Krogan • Krogan Warlord • N7 Paladin • Turian • Volus Mercenary • Vorcha|
|Soldiers||Batarian Enforcer • Battlefield 3 • Geth Juggernaut • Geth Trooper • Human • Krogan • N7 Destroyer • Quarian Marksman • Turian • Turian Havoc • Vorcha|
|Vanguards||Asari • Batarian Brawler • Cabal • Drell • Human • Krogan Battlemaster • N7 Slayer • Project Phoenix • Volus Protector|