|Space stations||Starships||Missions||Assignments||Locations||Planet Index|
Mass Effect can be found in asteroid belts orbiting the various systems. To spot them, swing the cursor around along the belt, or watch carefully: they'll flash violet every few seconds. Plot them on the Galaxy Map by moving the cursor over an asteroid belt and pressing "A" (for the PC version) or "Y" (on Xbox 360) when prompted.
Asteroids are sometimes used as weapons, particularly by the krogan and the turians. Dropped from orbit, they cause an impressive amount of damage with minimal effort and cost. The krogan were known for using these tactics during the Krogan Rebellions, rendering at least three turian planets completely uninhabitable. Asteroid drops on 'garden worlds' - planets like Palaven, Thessia or Earth - are strictly illegal under Tier 1 of the Citadel Conventions. However, this does not prevent terrorist groups from doing so (see Bring Down the Sky).
- Main article: Mass Effect System Guide
Notable Asteroids Edit
- A small group of siliceous asteroids, loosely bound together by gravity, can be found in the Sparta system of the Artemis Tau cluster. The cluster has a radius of 12km, and is located in the asteroid field between the planets Tremanre and Edolus.
- Acheron — Turian Insignia
- Knossos — League of One Medallion
- Phoenix — Prothean Data Disc
- Tereshkova — League of One Medallion
- Century — Heavy Metal
- Dis — Light Metal
- Knossos — Heavy Metal
- Macedon — Light Metal
- Matano — Heavy Metal
- Vostok — Heavy Metal
Metallic asteroids derive from the cores of planets and dwarf planets which have differentiated, and then been destroyed.
- Farinata — Light Metal
- Grissom — Rare Element
- Herschel — Heavy Metal
- Matano — Prothean Data Disc