Architects are massive, mechanical Remnant constructs that inhabit golden worlds in the Heleus Cluster and are encountered by Pathfinder Ryder of the Andromeda Initiative in 2819. Although their true purpose is not currently known, Pelessaria B'Sayle theorized that they played a part in sculpting the massive caves that house the Remnant's underground vaults.
Architects are able to burrow into the ground, fly, and loiter in orbit around their homeworlds. Physically, Architects consist of three tendrils that each house one conduit and a "head" that houses a conduit and its weapon systems. Architects have a variety of weapons, including an energy cannon, grenades, and a spherical energy field that damages anything within its radius when it detonates. The Architects' armor makes them impervious to ground fire, but they are vulnerable when their tendril and head conduits are exposed.
- On Eos, Pathfinder Ryder is asked by Hainly Abrams to deploy three seismic hammers to monitor unusual seismic activity near the outpost at Prodromos. After placing the third hammer over either an aquifer or natural gas deposit, an Architect reveals itself as the cause of the seismic anomaly and attacks Ryder. Once defeated and interfaced with by the Pathfinder, the Architect retreats into Eos's orbit and holds in standby mode, monitoring the planet's atmosphere.
- On Voeld, Ryder is tasked with searching for a missing Initiative science by Taerve Uni outpost mayor Priya Blake. The Pathfinder finds the team's shuttle, which was destroyed leaving all of its occupants dead. An Architect is revealed to be the culprit, who then attacks Ryder at an abandoned Kett base. Once defeated and interfaced with by the Pathfinder, the Architect retreats in Voeld's orbit and enters standby mode.
- On Kadara, Ryder is asked to search for a cultist named Bishop in the Kurinth Valley. Upon discovering Bishop's corpse, an Architect attacks Ryder and their team. After being defeated and interfaced with, the Architect retreats into Kadara's orbit. In stand by mode, it appeared to continue to monitor Kadara's groundwater.
- On Elaaden, Ryder is tasked with destroying an Architect by Kariste Archana. The Architect is found by Ryder prowling over a Remnant ruin above the planet's Languish region. Like the other Architects, once defeated, it retreats to Elaaden's orbit and holds in standby mode.
- On Meridian, the Archon summons an Architect when Ryder confronts him and he successfully accesses the Remnant vault network. The Architect harasses the Pathfinder and their team while they and Ryder's twin work to sever the Archon's connection.
While local hazard and covers varies, its attack cycles and corresponding countermeasure are the same:
- Stage One: The Architect plants its 3 tendrils into the ground, leaving one outside its shield, which would exposed its inner parts from its armour, attack until it closes and prepare for next stage ;
- Stage Two: The Architect will open is head, brings its main gun online against you. However, the main gun takes time to charge and its strike area can be easily seen with its targeting beam, attack the exposed head until it closes and prepare for next stage;
- Stage Three: The Architect will now spawn a squad of Breacher / Assembler / Observer / Nullifier. Once dealt with prepare to repeat the cycle until that particular tendril is destroyed.
Once done, The Architect will fly off towards somewhere not far in the same battleground. Try not to get close when it lands,or you'd find yourselves too close and without cover
Repeat until the third tendril is destroyed and by then, the accumulated damage inflicted upon its head will leave you just one more push to finish it off. Once done, its head will fall to the ground, leaving you a chance to interface with it. Once interfaced, The Architect will fly off to the planet's orbit, where it remains dormant.