The Alliance News Network (ANN) is a galactic news broadcasting network.
Founded during the early decades of human space exploration, the Alliance News Network was originally a low-profile news organization known mostly for a series of exposés on the First Contact War. With a focus on galaxy-wide reporting, the ANN opened bureaus on planets across known space, winning a few awards for excellence and earning a multi-species audience.
The Alliance News Network has never been funded by the Systems Alliance, despite what its name might imply. This led to regular confusion among those not in the know, although the network's recent high-profile sale to a media conglomerate made the ownership structure clearer.
The new management has opted for a more sensational approach. This is particularly obvious from changes to its roster of reporters, with a few of the network's luminaries retiring or joining other news organizations. The network's increasingly lurid programming has gained wide attention as well as sorely needed ratings -- all the proof that management needed to validate its course. Nonetheless, ANN insists that integrity and credibility are inviolable standards in the newsroom.
Battlespace is among ANN's highest rated programs, known for a particularly titillating breed of reporting. Among the show's most noteworthy segments are Diana Allers's dispatches from the front lines. The network calls her reports "gritty and realistic," but she has been criticized for her unabashed focus on the violence of war. Even critics of Allers agree, however, that despite her often graphic visuals, the facts she reports are just that -- facts.
Alliance News Network Archives Edit
BioWare Blog Reports Edit
- August 24, 2186 - Leak questions geth role in Citadel battle, by Amita Qasid
- August 31, 2186 - Linron retains power, but control disputed, by Pietro Pagano
- September 7, 2186 - Migrant Fleet refuses Council inspectors, by Diana Allers
- September 14, 2186 - Cerberus expansion deemed “significant threat”, by Iris Dunnigan
- September 21, 2186 - Flood of batarian traffic brings rumors of war, by Shirin Kazemi
- September 28, 2186 - Primarch address preps turians for war, by Chisilix Palanurus
- October 5, 2186 - Hierarchy Fleets Defeated in Push to Palaven, by Chisilix Palanurus
- Concerned Batarians Explain that Medigel Works on Them, Too
- Special Operations in the Systems Alliance
- C-Sec Assures Citizens Evil AIs Probably Not Awakening at Silver Coast Casino
- Holographic Vorcha Attack? Must Be Mass Effect Fields
- Lovable Varren Goes from Home to Home, Changing Lives