Alliance Heavy Turrets are turrets that are used by the Systems Alliance to defend their installations planetside. Alliance Turrets are deadly weapons. While firing at a slow pace, they can do enormous damage to infantry or vehicles if their missiles impact their targets.
While they are usually used to defend Alliance installations, some pirate gangs have been able to get a hold of them.
- The Alliance Heavy Turrets possess very high health and six bars of shielding, making them very durable. As is the case with all ME enemies, their shields regenerate over time.
- Fighting them in the Mako is relatively easy, because they're large stationary targets and it only takes a couple of shots from the main gun and several machine gun bursts to destroy them. While their missiles are quite damaging to the Mako, they don't travel very fast and thus can be easily dodged. However, you will get less experience if you destroy them with the Mako.
- If you are going to fight them on foot, then keep on the move because just one shot will usually kill you and they possess considerable AoE. Also, because these Turrets have a habit of firing so that multiple shots that all impact around the same time, try to approach one turret at the time. One way to fight them on foot is to whittle them down while you are inside the Mako, then exit and destroy them on foot for the exp bonus. Alternatively, use a sniper rifle and approach them cautiously from below: the missiles will be aimed at your centre of mass and will impact on the ground rather than on you.
- Alliance Heavy Turrets can be overheated with Sabotage, preventing them from firing for about ten seconds and allowing you to attack them with impunity.
- If you have Master Hacking, it is possible to hack one of the turrets and turn it against the others. You will get the same experience as if it was an "on-foot" kill.
- Also note that because these Turrets are stationary targets, kinetic-based biotics are useless against them. Only powers like Warp are effective.