|Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle|
Named in memory of the quarians killed in the Morning War on the planet Adas, this weapon's electrical attack has been optimized for medium- to long-range firefights. Alliance marines take issue with calling it a "rifle" since, technically, it has no rifling in its barrel. The quarians shrug this off, as quarian weapon terminology rarely translates flawlessly into human languages.
Available after downloading the Mass Effect 3: Firefight Pack.
Player Notes Edit
- The Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle is a powerful weapon that fires rounds that inflict splash damage against enemies, making it useful for crowd control. Whole squads can be suppressed due to the knock-back effect. The rounds also have a slight target-tracking capability, allowing for easier aiming.
- The Adas deals 200% damage to shields and barriers.
- As its name implies, the Adas Rifle is devastating against synthetic enemies like the Geth, Turrets, and Atlas mechs. It is also effective against Cerberus and Reaper enemies, especially Ravagers because its splash damage can knock out Swarmers as they spawn.
- The Adas is a poor choice for sniping due to its homing ability, which often results in shots hitting cover instead of the enemy when aiming for exposed points. This can work the other way as well; aiming in the correct place will allow the user to shoot around/over cover.
- The only other significant drawback to this weapon is its ammunition consumption. The rapid fire and full-auto capability cause the Adas to burn through clips quickly.
- The Adas's extra damage against synthetics makes Disruptor Ammo somewhat redundant.
- Since squad members have no ammo count restrictions, consider equipping them with Adas rifle in missions that have multiple encounters with enemies like Brutes, Banshees, or even normal Husks; the Adas truly shines against enemies that do not make use of cover or attempt to overwhelm with strength in numbers.
- However, one downside to giving this weapon to squad members is that when they fire close to you, or at enemies in your proximity, the explosive effect can make your screen shake somewhat. Whilst this is only a visual effect which does not directly affect weapon accuracy, it can make it difficult to aim.
- With Cryo Ammo, the Adas is capable of freezing multiple enemies with a single shot, and any enemies that are not frozen are still staggered, further enhancing its already considerable crowd control capabilities.
- The Adas's ability to stagger enemies makes it particularly effective at interrupting instant death attacks such as a Banshee's Impale.