Named in memory of the quarians killed in the Morning War on the planet Adas, this weapon's electrical attack has been optimized for medium- to long-range firefights. Alliance marines take issue with calling it a "rifle" since, technically, it has no rifling in its barrel. The quarians shrug this off, as quarian weapon terminology rarely translates flawlessly into human languages.
Player Notes Edit
- The Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle is a powerful weapon that fires rounds that inflict splash damage against enemies, making it useful for crowd control. Whole squads can be suppressed due to the knock-back effect. The rounds also have a slight target-tracking capability, allowing for easier aiming.
- This target-tracking capability is only noticeable across considerable distances. This, combined with the reduced rate of fire and slow projectile speed, makes the Adas a poor choice against close-range or mobile targets.
- The Adas' homing ability sometimes results in shots hitting cover instead of the enemy when aiming for exposed points. Conversely, aiming at certain angles will allow the user to shoot around/over cover.
- The Adas has an inherent 2.00 damage multiplier against shields and barriers.
- It is devastating against synthetic enemies like the geth, Turrets, and Atlas mechs. It is also effective against Cerberus and Reaper enemies, especially Ravagers because its splash damage can knock out Swarmers as they spawn.
- The Adas' rate of fire is drastically lower than its single-player counterpart, firing about half as fast, and making ammo consumption a lesser concern.
- The Marksman ability can improve the fire rate of the rifle by 50%, bringing it to about how fast it is in single-player.
- Activating Tactical Cloak while firing the Adas will not break the cloak, instead granting its invisibility and damage bonus across the entire duration.
- The Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle can be a good choice for power-heavy classes. Its shots stagger most non-boss enemies, including Phantoms, and it is good for applying ammo bonuses that prime for Power Combos (such as Incendiary Rounds for Fire Explosions).
- The Adas counts as a projectile weapon, meaning that it does not suffer reduced damage vs. armor and cannot pierce cover regardless of mods or equipment.